AnnouncersCommentaryCommon Phrases / WordsIn-ringWrestler Specific
- Honjitsu no taisen card o happyou shimasu = Today’s matches are…
- dai ichi shiai, dai ni shiai… = first match, second match, so on…
- Ijyou 10 shiai = 10 matches, total
- 20 pun ippon shoubu = 20 minute 1 fall
- Omatase shimasita = Thank you your patience
- Shiai wo kaishi itashimasu = Now we will start the match(es)
- Heavy kyu = heavy-weight class
- Okiwotsuke kudasai = Be careful / watch out! (When fighting spills into the crowd)
- 10 pun keika = 10 minutes passed
- Hayai [早い] = fast, quick
- Itasou = looks painful
- Jikangire hikiwake = no time left, draw
- Kaeshita [返した] = denied (said after a failed pin attempt)
- Kimarimashita = That’s it.
- Kiiteru! [効いてる] = effective
- Gaijin = foreigner (impolite)
- Gaikokujin = foreigner (polite)
- Kami = god
- Mou ikkai = one more time (encore)
- Otsukaresamadesu = Good work, everyone
- Puroresu = Pro Wrestling
- Sugoi = Amazing
- Taichi wa kaere = Go home, Taichi
- Doke = move (command)
- Ora! Ora! = Come on! Let’s Go!
- Tate, Goto = Stand up, Goto!
- Doushita? Oi! = Hey! What’s wrong!?
- Oi, daijoubu ka, Omae. Oi. = Hey, you ok? Hey.
- Agatte koiyo, ora, Nagata. = Come up (to the ring), Nagata!
Bad Luck Fale
- Right arm tattoo: 侍魂 = Samurai Spirit
- Kokeshi (leaping head-butt)
- “Icchayauzo Bakayaro” = I’m coming for you, bastard!
- Shirome = describes eyes rolling back
- “Zea” (catchphrase, not sure of the significance)
- After every main event win: “I have 3 things to say. First; (some point). Second; (another point). Third; Nothing really.”
- Gedo (in growly voice): “Level ga chigaun dayo” = He’s on another level
- The part of his theme song where everyone sings along: “Kaze ni nare” = Be the wind
- Itsuzai = Phenomenon, 1/100 (nickname)
- Aishitemasu = I love you
- “Jyama suruna, Okada“ = Don’t bother me, Okada! (After Okada tries to stop Yano from removing the corner pad)
- “Kazoku no minna” = My family (fans)
- ”Kocchi da, Bakayarou“ = I am over here, bastard!
- “Koko ga chigau n dayo” = My brain is better than yours! (While pointing to his head)
- “Shine, bakayaro!” = Die, bastard!